Thursday, February 08, 2007

Notes from a Proustian life

Hi everybody!
This is the sound of one hand typing.
And usually one finger. I hope everbody is doing well. Bloggers, thank you so much for all the entertaining and intriguing posts this week. I hope everyone is signing up for Magwitch's Oscars pool. I know at least two people who sent in their thoughtful picks for Best Sound Editing - and their entrance fees - today.

Thank you to everyone who sent nice wishes my way. It has been a week of pain, but also of chemically managed pain control! My mom and Bimbo and Po have all taken good care of me. How about a round of applause for great moms ! - ahh, can't make question marks...

Living in bed has not been bad at all. Were it not for the surgery pain, as I told Koko tody by phone, I'd say sign me up! In two days I have watched one season of Extras, Trust the Man with Moo and The Spongebob Squarepants Movie, which unlike its predecessors was funny all the way. Someone still needs to convince me that this show is for kids. I know kids like the merch but has anyone under 12 ever laughed at this program/ Some of the faces are even too grotesque for me! Great movie, though. Netflix it for a really fun time.

Speaking of Netflix, Jan '07 marked my - and Bimbo's - one-year anniversary as Netflix subscribers, during which time we watched about 81 movies by mail. That's about seven per month, or $3 per disc, the same price we'd pay, and do pay at Kim's on St. Marks BUT with no humongo late fees (B&B like to bond with their rentals) and LOTS more happy mail! How does Netflix work out for you question mark

I can't read books because I can't hold them open but I do tend to fall asleep a lot, so my mind is nourished either way. It is strange but also nice and different to be without books for a little while. I am also not watching TV and clearly not venturing outside so it is refreshing to live without advertising. I love all of you and hope you'll tell me more about the world outside my window soon. Love, Betty

2 comments:

magwitch the gruff australian said...

Glad to hear you're well. Lay off the small, french cookies...

Montserrat Nicolás said...

cariños...