Friday, February 23, 2007

Meet Nodine

Full name, first name, or initials: Mary Nodine

Location: Austin, TX

Age: 25 (almost 26)

Gender: F

Why do you read/write the blog?: It's funny and it makes me think.

Where would you like to live? Northwest Arkansas (really I am trying to psyche myself up. Probably San Francisco if I were rich.)

What is your idea of earthly happiness? A happy family life and plenty of time for adventures all over the world.

Who are your favorite heroes of fiction? SuperGirl.

Who are your favorite characters in history? How about Anne Richards!? I am a Texan now but I didn't even know about her when she was alive.

Who are your favorite heroines in real life? My mom, of course. And maybe Joan Benoit Samuelson and Uta Pippig. I just ran a marathon so those runner types are in my brain.

Your favorite musician? Paul Simon

Your favorite virtue? Genuine-ness

Your favorite occupation? Geotechnical Engineer

Your most marked characteristic? Quirkiness

What do you most value in your friends? Honesty and optimism

What would you like to be? A super-jock Geotechnical Engineer. And, yes, a mom.

In what country would you like to live? Norway or Switzerland. But I probably won't.

What is your favorite color? Orange

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Loneliness, heat and humidity.

What is your favorite bird? Duck

Who are your favorite prose writers? Oh geez, I don't know.

Who are your favorite poets? Ditto.

What are your favorite names? Lucy, Maggie, Eliot.

What is it you most dislike? Close-mindedness

What historical figures do you most despise? Um, Hitler?

How would you like to die? Running, skiing or biking, but when I am at least 95.

What is your present state of mind? Varies among content, giddy, and reflective (did you mean at this moment or in my present life? I answered for the latter.)

To what faults do you feel most indulgent? Fretting over things that really don't matter.

What is your motto? To be determined...time for class now.

No comments: