Monday, February 19, 2007

Meet Magwitch


Meet Magwitch
Full name, first name, or initials: Abel Magwitch

Location: NYC

Age: 23 (on Thursday...)

Gender: M (to the extent that one can still believe in gender these days)

Why do you read/write the blog?: Boredom, obsession with B & B

Proust Questionnaire:


* Where would you like to live? In Paris, with Hemingway and Johnny Depp

* What is your idea of earthly happiness? A hot cup of coffee, a really good thai restaurant, opium

* Who are your favorite heroes of fiction? Becky Sharpe (Vanity Fair), Julien Sorel (Le Rouge et Le Noir), Falstaff

* Who are your favorite characters in history? Napolean

* Who are your favorite heroines in real life? Betty

* Your favorite musician? Leonard Cohen (not true, but I feel like that's a sophisticated answer)

* Your favorite virtue? Sloth

* Your favorite occupation? Slothing

* Your most marked characteristic? My height, my tendency to slouch

* What do you most value in your friends? Wit, working knowledge of the French language

* What would you like to be? A child again

* In what country would you like to live? A different one

* What is your favorite color? Pass. I invariably choose one which people later inform me "isn't really a color."

* What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Reading E.M. Cioran, thinking about my death (these two things are more or less synonymous)
* What is your favorite bird? Huh?

* Who are your favorite prose writers? Milan Kundera, Iris Murdoch

* Who are your favorite poets? Tennyson
* What are your favorite names? Thelonius
* What is it you most dislike? Language poetry

* What historical figures do you most despise? G. Gordon Liddy

* How would you like to die? By my own hand, of course (if I ever do do it, I'll leave a note referencing the philosopher's suicide in "Crimes and Misdemeanors": it'll say "Out the window.")


* To what faults do you feel most indulgent? My own

* What is your motto? Whatever it is, I'm against it

1 comment:

pessimistic laffing kitty said...

very, very, funny!