Monday, February 26, 2007

Bloscar

I know this has nothing to do with me, but I am filled with heartwarming blog love after seeing the stream of Oscar posts. I have to admit, I was feeling a little alienated after no one responded to my "reveal yourself" survey, but this enthusiasm is just what the blog should be. Betty and Bimbo, your first post was hilarious.

Anyway, I am sorry I was not able to participate after suggesting the darn thing, but I only just received a last-minute invitation to watch the show at a friend's house (otherwise Speed and I were not going to be able to watch AT ALL) and I didn't think it would be in the best taste to bring my laptop. Onto the comments:

-Speed and I are psyched about The Lives of Others (though we think Days of Glory was even better).
-Helen Mirren's acceptance speech was fine until the last moment when it got weirdly grand: "Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the queen!" What was she talking about?
-The dialogue they write for the presenters is so awkward. Half the time it seemed like they were praising Idi Amin.
-The gospel choirs are embarrassing. Two in one night??? And the first one came on for thirty seconds and marched right out for no reason at all.
-Speed is auditioning for Polobolus on Wednesday.
-We like Jennifer Hudson.
-Diane Keaton is astride Jack Nicholson as we speak.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES for marty, he is the one GREAT american director,pace clint who is very very good and very very hot (unlike marty who betty mistook for woody)
can someone tell clint i am available?
i agree gospel choirs were embarrassing as were the jokes about foreigners- enough already
ellen was lame, safe, acceptable, dull...bring back chris rock, whoopi and billy crystal

Betty and Bimbo said...

The Gospel choir was funny with Ellen, I thought. The tambourine was a nice touch! But it made Beyonce and J-Hud's performance look even more like a high school graduation than it was already starting to. J-Hud, get a bra!

Anonymous said...

Betty can't wait to see the Lives of Others, but that director who accepted the award seemed like a real douche.

Betty and Bimbo said...

i thought she was referring to herself as the queen...kind of like cameron's "i'm the king of the world". we TOLD you she was giddy/high.

Anonymous said...

you're so right about the "dialogue" - whose idea was it to dub idi ami the "#1 bad guy"!?"