Thursday, November 30, 2006
Today marks the end of November 2006, a month Betty and Bimbo will remember for:
* Lazy trips to visit my cute little dog in Washington D.C.
* Several worthy novels, including one about shipwrecks and blogs and one about French-style kleptomania .
* A palpable - if still politically inconclusive - national thumping.
* Discovering two new outlaw heros: one a tortured troubadour, the other a hobo.
* Eye-opening - and mouth-opening - food-filled adventures in San Francisco, Anne Hathaway's Malibu, kid-friendly Manhattan, muffin-crazed suburban Illinois, and Brighton Beach, Russia, I mean, Brooklyn.
* Awkward run-ins with literary icons Orhan Pamuk and Salman Rushdie.
*Lots of movies: in fat red envelopes in our mailbox, and multiple views on the new James Bond and his really disappointing car.