Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Possibly the most amazing photograph ever taken

Since we're blogging about the South, I figured now was a good time to post the image that is my pride and joy as a photographer (which I'm not). Texas' state animal is the Nine-Banded Armadillo, but I've lived in Texas for two years and only have seen them smooshed on the highway. But when I went to New Orleans we saw this one late at night shuffling around in a parking lot. They don't move fast, but he/she was pretty clever at sneaking around under the cars to avoid my camera flashes. I got about six pictures of pavement before I captured it.

On another note, it was fabulous to see Betty after all these years, and to meet Bimbo at last. And I'm glad they enjoyed the many facets of Austin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! Bimbo says: I love armadillos, they're so cute.

But really, great photo.

Oh, and we bought a stuffed armadillo in Texas. It was our only souvenir.

Anonymous said...

and we were very happy that nodine andbetty saw each other again....some of us have fond memories of beautiful music made by these two