Sunday, October 15, 2006

A Different Genre

Well, if you have ever wanted to read poems about soil and construction projects, this is now the place. This is the first time, to my knowledge, that poetry of this type has been posted on the internet. I've always thought engineers needed more creativity and whimsy in their daily lives, which is why I started writing poems about dirt, but perhaps this way I can also gently enrich the lives of creative people by throwing a little engineering their way...

The problem with these poems is that sometimes you might not know what they are talking about, but I don't want to go through too much explanation because then the language doesn't speak for itself anymore. I'll try to find a good balance, and include pictures where applicable.

I'll start with a couple basic haikus about construction equipment.

Impact Hammer

Massive crimson beast
Steel pile frozen in terror
Up, up, up, ka-CHUNK









Bomag

Ruthless wheel of steel
Loose fill becomes solid ground
No air void survives

No comments: