Saturday, February 02, 2008

What Would Molly Do?

As some of you may know, I spent 6 months interning at Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR). During my first month there, Molly Ivins passed away. I will never forget how devastated the people at FAIR were: Molly was a close ally of FAIR--a daring populist and a wonderful, quick witted journalist. Unfortunately for me, I only became familiar with her work after her death.

In any event, I was reading a piece on DailyKos today about the election (I know, it's an illness), and the post referenced a Molly Ivins article on Hillary (written in 2006) that I thought some Betty and Bimbo readers may want to take a glance at. Of course, part of the reason I'm posting this is that I, too, have my doubts about Hillary, nor can I say for certain what Molly would have to say about Barack. Nevertheless, I do think I have a good sense of what Molly would do on February 5th--and frankly, that's good enough for me.

No comments: