Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Walking Man

I recently returned from an AMAZING cycling trip through the Canadian Rockies. Truly, it was everything I hoped it would be, with winding roads, incredible views of mountains, lakes, and glaciers, exhausting hills and lots of pancakes for breakfast. There were also lots of tractor trailer trucks and mosquitoes. I'd just like to share one thing I became smitten with in Canadian towns....the walking man. Take a moment to compare the Canadian walking man with the American walking man. With whom would you rather cross the street?


2 comments:

Betty and Bimbo said...

Nodine, welcome back! Your trip sounds like a dream.

The American Walking Man is totally paranoid. He's hunching his back out of fear! Or maybe he just doesn't have state-sponsored health care to soothe his ailing back. He's also a little paunchy and needs to drag that back leg to a gym.

Whereas Mr. Amblin' Canada is sure of himself and in love with life, and should have little neon musical notes emitting from neon pursed lips.

Nodine said...

Exactly. I think America needs a better example for its pedestrians. The Canadian walking man made me so happy every time I crossed the street. Walking is fun!