Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Pet Peeves 2

I was very impressed when Betty posted her list of pet peeves--somehow it seemed just the thing that blogs are for. I have been wanting to follow up for some time but could only think of ONE pet peeve. That seemed impossible. So I held off posting for months, waiting to think of others. I've now come up with one more.

1. People who incessantly nod their heads in silent affirmation while someone else is speaking.

The height of obsequiousness! This truly gets my goat. Offenders are usually people trying to suck up to their boss or impress someone they consider important.

2. Watery messes around the sink.

I am not finicky about neatness; in fact, my current (finicky) apartment mate would call me messy. But I do think that if you're going to be splashing with abandon, you should wipe things down for the next user.

And that's all...for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good peeves, Nancy D.

I must confess that I sometimes sin at work and commit peeve #1 - but only to keep myself focused when people are boring!