Monday, August 18, 2008

Get thee to the church

I sat down to watch the Rick Warren interviews with the candidate. I got through about 12 minutes total.

Barack Obama: snoozefest. John McCain: dynamo. Barack Obama, please stop your mannered stuttering!

I just had a little vacation with my mom, who predicts Obama will endorse offshore drilling before November, and if so, she will vote for a one-eyed monkey before him. Thoughts?

And..this just in: startling news. The Hillary Clinton women who will now vote for McCain are not a media invention. I have met one in the flesh: my grandmother. She is technically undecided, but definitely leaning that way.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah,,,but what I really want to know is who is Hidrewy voting for?
Talked to the Rockland branch of the family and your mom is coming to LDI w. me for a couple of days....yippee!!! all that we are missing are little girls.....

Anonymous said...

"I think if you're just talking about income, how about $5 million?"---sounds like a dynamo to me...

Nancy D., Girl Detective said...

I was referring to his delivery, which was dynamic, animated, and personal.

Betty and Bimbo said...

More on Hidrewie and Grandmother's political thoughts, please. I think they are like a weather vane for the nation...for reals!

Nancy D., Girl Detective said...

Well, the only time Hidrewie ever considered voting for a Democrat was when Lieberman was on the ticket (not for his proto-Republicanness but for being a member of the tribe) and even then he couldn't bring himself to do it. He does have a John O'Leary for Congress lawn sign in his garage, though...

With my grandmother I think it's really a personal vibe...she just doesn't like Obama, doesn't think he's experienced or knows what he's talking about. And she loves the Clintons and is disappointed, and she likes McCain. Since we know that Clinton and Obama have virtually no policy differences, what she ends up doing is picking up on things that Obama has promised that she doesn't like (like raising the capital gains tax), even though HRC would have done the same thing.